[nabs-l] Summer 09! What is everyone doing?

Juan Carlos Munoz blinddrummer1989 at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 21:20:40 UTC 2009

Juan here from Houston. All right here's what I'm planning on happening with me this summer.

First of all today was senior check out at my high school, so I will walk across the stage this Sunday. My summer starts right afterwords when I go to Arlington, VA, to take part in a national Quiz Bowl competition for 5 days. A week later on June 13, I'll be taking part in a concert featuring my band and 4 other bands that will raise money for the NFB of Houston  as well as TABS. More info is on our website if you're looking for fundraising ideas. The next day I go to Austin for a one-week rock band program at Texas School for the Blind where I'll see some old friends and who knows what'll happen that week. I come home and have a 2-week gap before a mentoring activity in Lake Houston, I'm told. National Convention comes next July 3-8. I'll be there, possibly martialing, and definitely will be at the march, Southern Strums, and I don't know where else because I love to go exploring and volunteering a lot (if you ever need someone for help around a table etc I'm available) and haven't finished setting up my personal agenda yet. After convention, I have another 2-week gap in my schedule before...YOUTH SLAM 09!

Between all this, my band already has a few shows booked for the summer with more soon to come I hope. So that's my summer synopsis. No plans yet in August except for one gig. Will most likely attend a few Houston Astros games to fill some of the gaps simply because I love going to the ballpark. And of course doing plenty of fantasy research to keep my teams in the mix of things. Once my summer's over I will attend the University of Houston where I will study journalism in hopes of doing something in the field of sports reporting (covering games, fantasy research, interviewing, etc(. Well I think that's enough out of me. Who's next?