[nabs-l] introduction and national convention

rachel Jacobs oceanrls at hotmail.com
Sat May 30 00:10:18 UTC 2009

Hello. My name is Rachel Jacobs. I just wanted to introduce myself to those of you who do not know me. I live in Sarasota, Florida. I attend the University of South Florida where I am receiving my masters degree in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. I am the president of the Manasota Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind. It is named Manasota because it encompasses both Sarasota and Manatee counties. I am also the vice president of the Florida Association of Blind Students. I will be attending my first national convention this year in Detroit. I am a national scholarship winner this year. I was wondering first if any of you are scholarship winners this year. Secondly, I was wondering if any of you have been scholarship winners in the passed, and if so if you could give me a run down of what to expect. Also, if you have just been to national if you could give me an idea of what to expect as well. I am very excited to be going, and I hope to meet a lot of you there!
Thanks,
Rachel Jacobs