[nabs-l] Screen reading software

Johnston withat at msn.com
Sun Nov 8 17:12:49 UTC 2009

Hi Jennifer,
Yes, there are less expensive screen readers than JAWS.  Most would agree
that JAWS is currently the best screen reader on the market, but Freedom
Scientific is an evil empire, and does charge through the roof for all of
their products.  I have heard that Window Eyes is a very, very good screen
reader, and I would assume that it is less expensive.  I have heard that
there are even free screen readers.  I don't know what open source is, but I
heard of an open source screen reader that is free; maybe this is similar to
public domain.
Good luck!

Jay in Oregon