[nabs-l] Charlie Wilks- blind football player. (asfeaturedonESPN360)

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Thu Nov 12 15:15:19 UTC 2009

David,

I see what you mean by the writer's bias overall, but the part about
mingling with peers ... Not all blind people find it easy to make friends,
mostly through no fault of their own, but because of a lack of social
opportunities or other issues.  E.G., I called Access Link (NJ's Paratransit
system) to arrange a ride to visit a friend of mine who lives only half an
hour away.  Well, when I first called, the time they gave me was totally
insane and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go visit.  Well, I decided to
call again later and got lucky with the time.  I'm going to visit my friend
tomorrow night!

Serena