[nabs-l] nabs-l petition

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:38:07 UTC 2009

Hey Alex,

I love the content of this petition, but when I read it back, it does
not seem to be targeted in such a way that it is likely to obtain and
retain politicians' attention, given that the staffers who read it
likely know very little about about the blind.

There are a lot of people here on this list, and elsewhere in the
NFB, who have a lot of skill at crafting an effective message to
sighted politicians.  Would you be willing to withdraw the petition
for the time being and post its text here for review, discussion, and
perhaps some revision?

I hope that in doing so, we might all learn something about how it's
done effectively from the Federation's experts on the subject, and at
the same time deliver a message to Washington they cannot ignore.

What do you think?

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%--more than 52,000 children!