[nabs-l] some descrimination

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Fri Oct 23 03:53:00 UTC 2009

Andrew,

The united States has the Americans with Disabilities Act which says
that they can't discriminate against you based on disability. Even if
steps were a problem for you, the law requires that the conference
facilities need to be accessible since it's a public place. I'm
guessing however, that steps aren't a problem for you. The ADA also
states that you have a right to refuse accommodations that yu don't
want or need. If the conference provides someone to assist you and you
don't want/or need such assistance, you do have the right to say no and
still attend the conference. I hope that helps.

Respectfully,
Jedi