[nabs-l] RFBD audio downloads

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:00:52 UTC 2009

Corbb, the AudioAccess books use Microsoft PlaysForSure, which is
pretty easy to defeat so that you can play them anywhere.  That's
quite useful as I'm a Mac user, and basically Mac users are out of
luck when it comes to RFB&D.  RFB&D doesn't support Olearia, and
KatiePlayer doesn't actually seem to ... work anymore.

I do so wish they'd move to a system like Bookshare uses--include
audio listing the name of the subscriber who is getting the book, zip
it up with a password, and call it good.

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%--more than 52,000 children!