[nabs-l] Where Does the Garbage Go? in print/braille

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Wed Sep 9 18:16:05 UTC 2009

Hello - here's the September 2009 Book Club Selection from National
Braille Press.
-Tony Grima, NBP

Where Does the Garbage Go?
by Paul Showers

A "Let's-Read-and-Find-Out/Science" book
Print/Braille edition, in contracted braille, $5.99
Ages 4-9

Follow that garbage truck!

... to the landfill to see how trash keeps piling up
... to the incinerator to see how trash can be turned into energy
... to the recycling center to see how a soda bottle can be turned into
a flowerpot.

Clearly written and accessible to young children, "Where Does the
Garbage Go?" shows how we deal with the problem of too much trash and
provides ideas for easy ways to be a part of the solution. Diagrams
explain how a landfill is built and how an incinerator works. Reading
this descriptive book is like taking a school trip to the local trash
and recycling center!

"My 3 year old grandson loves this book. I bought it for him because he
loves to watch the garbage truck come by every week. This book really
taught him what happens to the garbage after pick-up."
- E. Ellsner, Cailfornia

To order or read more about this book online, visit
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC0909-GARBAGE.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .