[nabs-l] Possibility of Reorganizing the New York State Associationfor Blind Students

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:32:05 UTC 2009

We're trying to get the Virginia group up and going -- I've been
working on it for two years. What I am now trying, and something I
would suggest to you, is to get a core group of students BEFORE
working on organizational logistics, if possible. Have an informal
group of blind folks get together when you can -- include high
schoolers, college folks, and graduate students. I'm not saying that's
easy -- but it might be easier than trying to divide up roles and
assigning leadership right away.

Corbb

P.S. How many children in America are not taught how to read? If they
are blind, the answer is 90 percent! To help, please consider
purchasing a Louis Braille Commemorative Silver Dollar from the U.S.
Mint: http://www.braille.org