[nabs-l] an interesting question

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:06:57 UTC 2009

I find this to be a rather interesting topic. After reding what has been posted thus far, it appears as though there is an assumption that all sighted people who carry a gun are propperly trained in how to use it. How do you know this is true? If a person has sight then does that automatically mean that they are somehow qualified to use it? In the heat of the moment where self defence is necessary, is someone's vision alone really all that reliable? I understand this does not apply to every gun owner, but I do not believe that every sighted person is propperly equip to use a gun propperly. Therefore, I tend to think of the right to bare arms and the ability to use them propperly as two distinctly different issues.

Elizabeth