[nabs-l] Taiwan

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Sat Sep 12 22:21:58 UTC 2009

I think in any culture you'll find the people that will help you too much,
and the people that think you can't do anything so don't let you try. And of
course the few who have the same expectations for you as they would anyone
else. It is fair to say that in North America blind people are regarded for
the most part as capable, but whether or not we are treated that way is
questionable.

Sorry; I know that really doesn't help at all. As for Chinese Braille (would
it be Cantonese in Taiwan?) I have been looking for the same thing but
haven't found anything yet. The following link might be worth looking at
though. It gives a run-down on Chinese Braille symbols, but a knowledge of
the language itself helps. As for disclosure, I think you did the right
thing as long as you have full confidence you could do most of the tasks
they throw at you.

http://www.braille.ch/pschin-e.htm

Have fun,
Sarah