[nabs-l] Awkward Situations: What would you do?

Meghan Whalen mewhalen at wisc.edu
Fri Sep 18 19:08:15 UTC 2009

I dunno.  I think that's possibly a good way to get to know people and make
friends.  At leasat they told you they had a class with you.  I had the
happen my freshman year and got in a study group that way and am still good
friends with one of the girls from that group.  I don't think that saying,
"Hey, I think you're in class x with me" is blindness specific.  It just
gives you a commmon ground to start on and possibly a foundation for a
friendship as you get to know each other better.

I do agree about the perfume thing, though.  That would be a little bit
awkward.

Meghan