[nabs-l] Legal advice

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:28:42 UTC 2009

Hi Jamie,

I don't know if you've tried nonlegal means such as talking with
someone a step above the offender, but that would be a good first
step. In most cases complaints can be lodged with the dean of students
or the chair of the department where you are having the problems.
Litigation can be powerful and effective, but it is also expensive and
time-consuming. Some issues can be resolved easily if you can get just
one person with authority on your side.

If you have tried going as far up the chain of command at your
university as you can without positive changes, you could try talking
to Scott LaBarre. He is in Colorado but I know he's helped blind
students out in other states. His phone is
303-504-5979

Best of luck and feel free to share the details if you feel that we
can be of assistance.

Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org