[nabs-l] Community Service?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:34:10 UTC 2009

Hello all,

  Recently, I just completed an AmeriCorps year of service.  Within
that time, I  was lucky enough  to  meet alot of  great  people, and
be exposed to alot of the country, it's beauty, culture, and
community needs.  i was fortunate enough to have been able to be  a
part of the  solution as it related to  addressing some of those
community needs, and I was also very fortunate to get the oppertunity
to change what it means to be blind to some people on some level.
 twards the end of my termm, I started to think about  where this fits
within  our movement.  I am interested to  get people's views on this.
 Also, what do people feel about getting involved doing community
service work?   do people  already do this on their own? do people  do
this with church groups or chapters?
 I look forward to hearing people's thoughts  on the matter.
  Best,
 Darian Smith