[nabs-l] Community Service?

alena roberts alena.roberts2282 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 20:55:09 UTC 2009

Darian,

I too did a year with Americorps VISTA, and I think that giving back
to our communities is one of the best ways to change the minds of the
people around us. I really believe that if the people in our
communities see us participating as volunteers, they'll realize that
the blind are far more capable then they probably thought. I applaud
you, and I recommend to everyone on this list to look into doing a
year with Americorps. The pay is horrible, but the impact you make is
so worth it.

--
Alena Roberts
Blog: http://www.blindgal.com/