[nabs-l] math technology

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:28:08 UTC 2010

Hello Pat.
In high school I got as far as calculus in my junior year. I was very
low tech. I had a braille note, which does all relevant calculations,
and I used wicki sticks and braille graph paper for graphing. I had my
book in braille, so I knew what the graphs should look like, and so
reproducing them never presented a problem. I think that it is
definitely a personal choice. I would suggest downloading math tracks
and having your daughter play around with it to see if it is actually
helpful or not. I'm a very tactile learner, so while hearing the curve
was interesting, for me, it was better to take out my little wicki
sticks and feeling it on paper. So, just take the resources you have,
and her learning style and see what works best. Finally, I hope that
we hear from her directly next time so that we know what her personal
perspectives and preferences are.
Sincerely,
Mary F.

--