[nabs-l] Living by NFB's Philosophy questions

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 21:31:24 UTC 2010

Hi listers: this week something happened I'd like to share which brings me
to some questions about trying to live via NFB's philosophy.
this week I had an appointment and unfortunately because of circumstances
hard to explain depend on my parents to take me to places but an working on
getting a driver hired to whom I can contact when wanting to go places. Is
this what it means when you guys talk about drivers?
Anyway the weather outside was terrible! raining very hard thus my parents
asked my oppinion on if I should cancel which when my parents told me that
it was black outside and the weather didn't want to seem to clear I accepted
but have had a nagging feeling that I should have done something more but
can't put my finger on what! if I would have had a driver would I still have
had to cancel? If I would have lived by NFB philosophy would I have reacted
being stubborn and went anyway? because making things worse two hours later
the weather began to clear! and I felt very (I don't know the word)
impotence? I mean that lately when things happen and I may have a way to
solve them I feel desperate like I want to do it but am afraid to go forth!
I have lots of plans and ideas which I've kept to myself in all the things I
can do but haven't had a chance to try! Is this the right path in getting to
live via NFB Philosophy? Would I have resolved the situation better had I
had the tools such as informed choice and other concepts I've learned in
reading the Braille Monitor and on the list?
Gerardo