[nabs-l] BrailleNote Apex--Braille keyboard v. computer keyboard

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez at mac.com
Wed Apr 28 21:59:03 UTC 2010

Well,
it really depends.
I have used a computer keyboard a lot with my laptop, but like the ability to write grade 2 braille.
Part of it is the ability to type entire words, being able to take notes a lot faster--only typing one sign for the, etc.
The thing is, I haven't been used to a computer keyboard on a notebook device, so I'd go for braille just because I know it better, but in your case it may depend.
However, I wouldn't recommend you rely souly on the Apex.
In my experience the note has been perfect for taking notes and that's about it--(E.G. completely failing at Internet except at my home network), though they claim they have made improvements.
My best bet is go for which ever one you feel better, but try and get a--or take your laptop as a backup.

Jorge