[nabs-l] KNFB Reader

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Thu Apr 29 04:25:27 UTC 2010

Jorje,
I used the KNFB Reader during my final year of college and it certainly
helped out in exactly the types of situations you described. While there are
other solutions, the reader is the most portable. No cell phone plan is
required to use the reader, and you will still be able to use other parts of
the phone such as the calendar, notes, media player, and calculator without
service. Wi-fi is also included for connectivity with the Internet.

Also, if money is a concern, there are a few options. First, as others have
said, some commissions for the blind have purchased KNFB Reader Mobiles for
their clients, and I feel this is certainly a worthwhile investment. If you
need help with writing a letter to your local counselor explaining some
reasons or justifactions as they call it for purchasing a reader, please let
me know. In addition, the NFB has a low interest loan program which your
parents may be interested in. Write me off list if you need more details on
this.
Hope this helps.

J.J. Meddaugh - ATGuys.com
A premier Licensed Code Factory and KNFB Reader distributor