[nabs-l] an idea for a 1 page braille display

Antonio M. Guimaraes Jr. freethaught at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:03:19 UTC 2010

Dean Blazie is involved with the work to take place at National Braille
Press to develop the braille display, but I can tell you with certainty and
it is public knowledge that the project will yield a lower cost note-taker
at first. They are talking prototypes for one with similar capabilities of
the ones we're used to already, but at a price in the ball park of $2000,
not $6000 we're used to.

That would be a start, and the goal according to NBP's president Brian
MacDonald would be for the team to develop and deploy technology to create a
low cost, full page braille display.

Let's see how they do.

Antonio M. Guimaraes Jr.

Student, Western Governors University