[nabs-l] Could someone lend me a hand, please? (Question about juggling multiple items)

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 23:32:42 UTC 2010

Jewel,

If I may ask, can you explain a little more about your hesitation to use a
wheelchair?  It sounds as though there will be no easy fix to your
circumstance, though I think you could probably reduce the number of things
you feel you need in your bag.  Regardless, even if you were to miraculously
lighten your load, I am sensing that it is difficult for you to get around
in general through no fault of your own.  Anyway, if you care to share,
enlighten us as to what would be so terrible about using a wheelchair as a
tool in much the same way you would currently use two separate canes.  It
does not seem as though you would always need a wheelchair.  You could pick
and choose the situations where the extra assistance would be of value, but
without an understanding of your situation, this is only a casual
observation.  You're certainly free to tell me to go to hell and not ask.
*grin*  I won't be offended.

Best,

Joe