[nabs-l] 50/50 NFB Canes

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 20:53:48 UTC 2010

Bryce,

I purchased a 50/50 cane at the last national convention. I like the 50/50
canes, because as you stated the telescoping canes are just not stable. When
I was at convention I used my 50/50 cane. But within a few days of using it,
the screw that holds the elastic came out and got stuck in the top piece.
Once I was able to fish the elastic out, I found someone with super glue. I
then super glued the screw into the lower piece, so that now the screw won't
come out, and thus being able to fold the cane. And the elastic stays into
place. This is just what I did. I would be careful if you were going to
super glue it, that all the super glue only goes into the lower part of the
cane, as if there is any left over and it is connected to the top part, it
will become a straight cane. After super gluing, I did not unfold it, make
it straight for a good while so the glue could dry. I don't remember which
type of cane I got, but its very very sturdy.

HTH
Marsha