[nabs-l] 50/50 NFB Canes

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 23:37:13 UTC 2010

Hey Brice,

I have a NFB 50/50 cane. I got it in May. It is fiberglass. I think it
is a great comporomise between a long white cane and a folding cane.
However, I did notice a problem with the cap after a few weeks, and
then the cap broke off. The caps are so inexpensive that I don't think
that's a major issue and the cane works just fine even with a broken
cap, but I don't use it for fear of getting fiberglass splinters in my
hand. I just haven't gotten around to getting a new cap. I think it
broke because of rough handling (I'm used to an aluminum folding
cane), so I'll have to learn to be a little less rough with this cane.

I'm going to order a new cap as soon as I get my replacement debit
card in (my purse got stolen *sigh*). After I get a new cap, if you'd
like, you're welcome to come take a look at it and try it out if you
want. It is very light and comfortable. I'd rather have a grip, but I
know NFB canes don't have grips. I've considered making one for it
from leather, though.

Give me a call if you want to take a look at it. Once school starts,
I'll be available every Tuesday and Thursday, and some weekend days,
so just call and we'll set up a time or something.

~Jewel Shuping

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!