[nabs-l] Desktop Texting Applications

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 19:26:40 UTC 2010

Good afternoon everyone,

    We wish to cast our votes for the NFB Youth SLAM to receive funding from
Pepsi but not if we must deal with CAPTCHAS thank you. Since we don't have
talking cell phones we're curious to know if there are desktop applications
that allow one to send text messages as if they were doing it from a cell
phone and how usable are they by the blind?

    We want to participate but not if we're forced to deal with Web site
security methods that lock us out. If there's a way tos submit our votes
from our desktops as text messages freeing us from dealing with any CAPTCHAS
for any part of the process that would be wonderful. We want to see the
Youth SLAM funded but not at the expense of stances regarding Web site
accessibility taking a back seat when money is up for grabs.

Peter and Mary Donahue