[nabs-l] CAPTCHA Alternatives

David Dunphy djdrocks4ever at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:02:43 UTC 2010

Give it a time. Any bot will crack that. The recaptcha system, while it's a
captcha, honestly works great. And it helps to digitize books so we can read
them online. While I appreciate this alternative to captchas, I don't see it
as a very effective way to deal with spam, and therefore, don't see many
sites adopting it all that quickly if at all. A bot can be programmed to
type and act like a human is entering things in. Sadly, while it has its
pitfalls if sites don't incorporate it correctly, captcha I think has its
advantages. Tools like Solona and Web Visum for Firefox seem to do pretty
well at handling such obstacles.
***
If you want a station that dares to be different, has a group of people
determined to have fun while providing a collective broadcasting excellence,
and if you want to be entertained by said group, then come join us, either
as a broadcaster listener or both, at ShockWaveRadio, for we are the driving
force of entertainment on the internet. Visit us at
http://www.shockwaveradio.net
and follow us on twitter at
shockwaveradio1
Check us out, you'll be glad you did!