[nabs-l] CAPTCHA Alternatives

Darrell Shandrow darrell.shandrow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:07:31 UTC 2010

  Hello,

There are at least two other CAPTCHA alternatives not yet discussed.

First is a CAPTCHA slider control:

http://accessibiliteweb.com/stuff/captcha-slider.html

Second is a telephone-based authentication scheme:

http://www.phonefactor.net

A deaf-blind person could even use this second one with a vibrating
phone. All she must do is pick up the phone, wait a couple of seconds
and press the pound key to be authenticated.

There are fully accessible alternatives.

We just need to be encouraging website owners to innovate and to make
the inclusive choice.

Regards,

Darrell