[nabs-l] Defining Excessively Helpful People and Interactions

Maryann Migliorelli mrsmigs at migliorelli.org
Thu Aug 26 18:27:00 UTC 2010

There have been many valid points made on this topic, but I'd like to bring
up another.  I think that attitudes of the sighted depend on what type of
simulation they go through, whether or not someone blind goes through it
with them, and whether or not they are given any instruction on alternative
techniques while going through the exercise will all be variables that might
be considered for the study.  Also whether or not the simulation is
discussed after the fact, and is it being done alone or in a group setting
are factors to consider.

One of the questions if asked that deserves major bad points on the study
is, "Where are you trying to go?" as opposed to, "Where are you going?".
The "trying to go" implies that you probably won't make it there.  That's
always been something that annoys me.

Regards,

Maryann Migliorelli