[nabs-l] Textbook Questions

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Aug 27 19:58:54 UTC 2010

Well, do you have a techer of the visually impaired?  Can she/he be
of some help?  Your state should have some mechanism in place for
getting NIMAS books from publishers, through their resource center
for the blind or something?  What state are you in?

Also, digital isn't necessarily your only solution.  You might have
to use yhuman readers -- as we did in the old days.  Not perfect but
we should have a variety of tools available to us so we can adapt to
all situations.

Also, RFB&D and bookshare should do bookd when requested.  You will
have to provide copies and they may not have them right away, so you
may have to fill in with scanning or human readers.  You can't ever
assume everything will be available.  When in college I used to work
one semester ahead, if I could that was back in mid 70's.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920