[nabs-l] Setting formatting options with Jaws and Microsoft Word

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 17:07:05 UTC 2010

Hey,

Sorry I can't give too much help with this, but I agree this is a headache.
If you put the header on, I notice that the document seems unreadable.
However, if you close it and reopen it, you can tell it has worked, and/or
if you alt+tabbed out of it and into a different document, you can also
access the document again.  What I mean is that when I first did this for
one of my classes, I thought I could no longer access the text in the
document, but once I left the document and returned, I could then read the
text.  I'm sure you are also aware that alt+delete will tell you exactly how
far in your cursor is sitting from the left, and so this can tell you how
far in a header might start.  insert+f tells you the font and paragraphing
and such as well.  I would go find my document and play for you, but right
now, I am so extremely busy that I do not have time.  Anita