[nabs-l] FYI on CLEP

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:07:00 UTC 2010

I received this from the folks at CLEP today. I sent a reply asking about
screen readers and what "comparable documentation" we should expect to
provide, since IEPs are only provided to K-12 students.
-Corbb

This communication is in response to your e-mail inquiry regarding
accommodations available to visually impaired test takers during CLEP exams.
CLEP is committed to working with test takers with special needs. Only
students with documented hearing, learning, physical, or visual disabilities
are eligible to receive testing accommodations. Contact a CLEP test center
prior to registration to ensure that the accommodation you need is
available. If you do not attend the testing institution, you must submit an
Individualized Education Plan (IEP) from your score recipient institution,
or comparable documentation, to the test center. Each test center sets its
own guidelines for submitting documentation and approving accommodations.

Testing accommodations that may be provided with appropriate disability
documentation include:

Zoom Text (screen magnification)
Modifiable screen colors
Use of a reader or amanuensis
Scripts (for language exams)
Extended time
Untimed rest breaks

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail at
clep at info.collegeboard.org. Alternatively, our toll free number is
800.257.9558. Agents are available from 8 AM to 6 PMeastern time, Monday
through Friday. Any agent would be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

CLEP Services