[nabs-l] Help create a Braille voting template in South Africa!

Ujjvala Ballal ujjvala.ballal at inclusiveplanet.com
Thu Feb 11 06:25:08 UTC 2010

South Africa National Council for the Blind (SANCB) in collaboration
with Inclusive Planet <http://www.inclusiveplanet.com/> are looking
for your feedback on how we can create a Braille Voting template. The
South African National Council for the Blind (SANCB) team have worked
tirelessly over the last few months to come up with a design for a
Braille Voting Template which would enable secret ballot for blind
people in South Africa. Before implementing it, they wanted to get the
opinions from people across the globe, so that the best possible
solution comes out.

This need led to the birth of “Inclusive Ideas”
<http://www.inclusiveplanet.com/en/inclusiveideas> emerged. A platform
where we can collectively brainstorm. A platform where this global
exchange of ideas is possible. A platform where you can come, share
your idea. As simple as that! On one hand it enables us to leverage
the diversity of our members on Inclusive Planet from over 78
countries; and on the other hand it is also open to anyone across the
world who wants to contribute towards inclusiveness.

The possibilities of this platform are endless… we could help create
Braille voting templates in South Africa, help sighted people
understand the challenges faced by a visually impaired person, change
government policy or create a movement to make all websites
accessible!

We look forward to unlocking the power of collaboration through the
World Wide Web! So bring us your problems and bring us your ideas. We
will stir it all together and we are sure that something wonderful
will emerge!

www.inclusiveplanet.com is a website where the global print-impaired
community can share accessible content of all sorts i.e. books,
journals, class-notes, articles, blogs, audio etc. We currently have
3000 members from 76 countries sharing over 17,000 files. We have just
launched the Spanish version and will be launching the Arabic and
Turkish versions soon.

I would request members from different countries on this list to spare
a few minutes to go through the proposal and share your thoughts on
the SANCB Braille Voting Template Challenge.

You need NOT become a member of Inclusive Planet to comment. Non
members can just comment by clicking on the "Add Comment" button.
Please share your ideas for the sancb braille voting template
challenge <http://www.inclusiveplanet.com/group/453603>

Let’s create an Inclusive Planet! Together, there are no barriers.

Regards,
Ujjvala

Ujjvala.ballal at inclusiveplanet.com

www.twitter.com/inclusiveplanet