[nabs-l] On Study Groups

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 02:52:22 UTC 2010

I've had very good luck sending out a mass e-mail to the class via
Blackboard asking if anybody wants to start a study group. Beware,
though, that you may get responses from people who aren't the best/
strongest group members. That said, there's no way to know that until
a few weeks into the group anyway. But, overall, I've had great luck.
The stronger members tend to band together anyway.

As for making the sessions productive? It depends on the class, but
sometimes just discussions or review sessions before exams work. If
there are assignments, coming together after everybody has done the
assignment works great too.

Best of luck!
Corbb