[nabs-l] DC Summer Internship Opportunities

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:29:43 UTC 2010

Good morning,

While I am sure that many of you are aware of the AAPD DC internship
program, I am pasting information on the program below. The deadline for
applications is this Friday. There are internships available in
policy/politics/law and in IT. I know a few people who have participated in
this program and they had positive experiences.

>From the AAPD JFA newsletter:

LAST CALL: AAPD Summer Internship Applications Due THIS FRIDAY

DEADLINE THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 8, 2010!!!

(Please share with your networks.)

The American Association of People with Disabilities is searching for
college students with disabilities to apply for the:
 2010 AAPD Summer Internships in Washington, D.C.!
To apply, please visit http://www.aapd.com/AAPDInternship

Each year, AAPD coordinates two summer internship programs for college
students with disabilities wanting to spend a summer working in Washington,
DC.  AAPD summer interns receive a living stipend, accessible housing, and
travel to and from Washington, DC.  Currently-enrolled undergraduate college
students with any type of disability pursuing any type of undergraduate
degree are encouraged to apply.

Hosted by AAPD and sponsored by the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation,
the AAPD-MEAF Congressional Internship Program provides students interested
in government, politics, law, or leadership the unique opportunity to intern
on Capital Hill for members of Congress.  Previous AAPD-MEAF Congressional
intern placements have included:
Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)
Senator Hillary Rodham-Clinton (D-NY)
Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS)
Congressman F. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI)
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA)

Hosted by AAPD and sponsored by Microsoft, the AAPD-Microsoft Federal IT
Internship Program provides students pursuing careers in Information
Technology the unique opportunity to intern in the IT divisions of federal
agencies.  Previous IT placements have included:
US Coast Guard
Department of Homeland Security
US Patent and Trade Office
National Science Foundation
US Department of Transportation
Transportation Security Administration
Federal Aviation Administration

To apply for the AAPD Summer Internship programs, please visit
http://www.aapd.com/AAPDInternship.  For additional information or for
questions, please contact the AAPD program staff at internship at aapd.com.

MODERATOR, Sarah Peterson, JUSTICE FOR ALL -- A Service of the American
Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD).