[nabs-l] frustrated with facebook!

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Sat Jan 9 21:19:04 UTC 2010

Hi nabsters,

It seems that facebook has become more inaccessible to t the blind or, at least, more cumbersome to use.  It seems that all the features on the facebook mobile site that made it really great, such as few if any graphics or advertizements and not that many links on each page, and made them only useable by those who have facebook on their cell phones.  When I go to the link on the regular site that says "mobile," it merely takes me to the regular site plus a section that talks about all the wonderful things one can do with facebook on their cell phones.  There are simply too many links and features on every page!  Ok, it's great to know about fancy functions like importing contacts and facebook chat, but do we really have to see those sections on every page when all I'm really on there to do is write one message to someone?  For those of us who might be in the dark ages lol and don't have a internet on our cell phones, are there any settings we could change to make reading the site any easier?

Very frustrated,
Serena