[nabs-l] Geology Laboratory

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 05:45:50 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I attempted to send a message to the list yesterday regarding this but
I don't think it went through.  anyways - my undergraduate program
requires that I take one science lab and I have decided to take
geology, as it is the natural science that most interests me.  In this
lab, we must identify rocks and minerals by color, shininess,
hardness, all of that stuff.  My question is - how would a blind
person participate in this class?  Is there anyone on this list who
has taken such a lab and who would be willing to give me some tips?  I
took a lecture geology course last year and the teacher from that
class, stating that I am the first blind person she's known of to take
such a lab here, has offered to come and work with me in the lab but
still some ideas would be helpful.  Also, the teacher of the lab seems
to think that the office of accessibility services will be able to
assist us, like most professors do, but besides providing a student
who would act as my eyes in the class, I doubt the office would be
able to help much.  Thanks for any advice you all may be able to
provide!

Thanks,
--
Robert Spangler