[nabs-l] Mentors Wanted!

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:30:19 UTC 2010

Looking for Mentors for the 2010 Junior Science Academy Programs
Who: Positive blind role models over the age of 18 who are enthusiastic,
high energy, and enjoy working with children.  (Expertise in science is
not a requirement.)

Where: Baltimore, MD at the NFB Jernigan Institute

When: There are two sessions for which we need mentors.  You can apply
for one or both of them.
**Session 1: JULY 28-AUG 1(mentors would need to be available to travel
to Baltimore on JULY 26 to attend a training seminar on JULY 27)

**Session 2: AUG 4-8 (mentors would need to be available to travel to
Baltimore on AUG 2 to attend a training seminar on AUG 3 )

This is a volunteer experience, but looks great on resumes!  All travel,
room, and board is paid for accepted mentors.  Mentors will stay at the
NFB Jernigan Institute during the program.

Duties include:
**helping to facilitate science academy activities
**supervision of children (each mentor will be responsible for three
children )
**--Role model blindness skills to children and parents

Please visit www.blindscience.org To learn more about the Junior Science
Academy.  You can also apply online at this same site.  Contact Mary Jo
T. Hartle, Director of Education at 410-659-9314 ext. 2407.

Mary Jo T. Hartle

Mary Jo Thorpe-Hartle, MEd, NOMC

Director of Education

NFB Jernigan Institute