[nabs-l] Fwd: Colorado Center for the Blind at Wahsington Seminar

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:34:49 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arielle Silverman <arielle71 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:33:50 +1100
Subject: Fwd: Colorado Center for the Blind at Wahsington Seminar
To: nabs.president at gmail.com

Arielle

Will you please post this to the NABS list?  I would greatly appreciate it.

As we approach Washington Seminar, The Colorado Center for the Blind is
busily planning for our summer programs.  We have three residential programs
for youth:  Summer for Success College Prep Program; Earn and Learn High
School Program; and the Initiation to Independence Middle School Program.

If you are interested in being a summer student or if you currently have
good blindness skills, are well rounded and are looking for a rewarding
summer job, we would like to meet with you in Washington.

The dates that you will need to be available to be considered for employment
are June 1 through August 14.  There will be two weeks of in-depth training
provided and the summer students will be arriving on June 12 and departing
on August 7.  We are looking for instructors for all core classes; Braille,
Cane Travel, Home Management and Technology.

As a summer staff or student, you will have the opportunity to participate
in our challenge recreation activities which include rock climbing, hiking
and white water rafting.

Please feel free to contact Brent Batron, Youth Services Coordinator, for
more information or to schedule an interview.  Brent can be reached via
email at bbatron at cocenter.org , by phone at 303-778-1130 x 222 or by cell
phone at 720-384-3023.

Brent C. Batron

Youth Services Coordinator

Colorado Center for the Blind

2233 W Shepperd Ave

Littleton, CO 80120

voice 303-778-1130 x 222

fax    303-778-1598

 <mailto:bbatron at cocenter.org> bbatron at cocenter.org

 <http://www.cocenter.org/> www.cocenter.org

Take charge with confidence and self-reliance

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org