[nabs-l] iRead: "simply reading"

Dave Wright gymnastdave at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 21 15:55:59 UTC 2010

iRead: "simply reading"
Handy Tech North America is pleased to offer iRead, a new, robust, cost effective and easy to use reading solution developed by Handy Tech GmbH of Horb Germany.

iRead is software that converts a Windows-PC with a scanner and screen reader into an open reading system.

Gain access to print material with minimal effort. There is only one key press between the start of the program and the reading of the first page of printed text. iRead automatically detects the connected scanner and searches for the best settings for the individual model. Check the orientation of a document with a single keystroke.

iRead captures the structure of a document. Not only does iRead detect headings, but also creates a table of contents based on these headings. Simply select a heading from the created table of contents and then easily jump to the selected position in the document.

Use the search function of iRead to jump to a specific word within the scanned document. Set a bookmark and easily pick up where you left off.

iRead lets you import images from different formats such as PDF and several image types which are quickly and accurately rendered into accessible text. Perspective distortions and misalignments are automatically corrected by iRead.

iRead is designed and optimized to be used in combination with screen reader programs. If you are not using one of the leading screen readers like Window-Eyes, Zoomtext with speech or JAWS, you have the option of using iRead along with NVDA, a free and open source screen reader. Enjoy the ability to use any Handy Tech Braille display along with iRead and any of the popular screen readers including NVDA.

"As North America master distributors of Handy Tech products, we are very pleased to add a high quality OCR package to our offerings" says Handy Tech North America President and Founder Earle Harrison, "At first I questioned the introduction of a version 1 OCR software program in an industry where other products have had time to develop over 15-20 years; however, after experiencing the speed and accuracy of iRead firsthand, I knew we had a contender".

Handy Tech GmbH Managing Director Sigi Kipke states "Earle and his team have done an extraordinary job representing Handy Tech products over the past 4 years and I have every confidence in their ability to make iRead a success as they continue to serve our Canadian and U.S customers".

The cost of iRead is $750.00 USD.

You may download a 30 day trial version of iRead from:

http://www.handytech.us/iRead_1.0.2.0a_Setup.exe

Licensing iRead is simply a matter of obtaining an activation code.

For more information, please call Handy Tech North America at:

651-636-5184

or e-mail:

sales at handytech.us

You may also visit our web site at:

http://www.handytech.us

Best regards,
   Dave Wright
Regional Sales Manager- Handy Tech North America

Phone:  651-636-5184 X803

Mobile: 347-422-7085

Fax:  866-347-8249

E-mail: