[nabs-l] how to meet more people and get involved in activities

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Mon Jan 25 00:04:07 UTC 2010

Also, keep in mind that you may be an introvert which isn't a bad
thing. However, your tendencies for introversion/extroversion should
always be kept in mind when determining appropriate social
environments. If clubs and campus activities turn out not to be your
thing, try hanging out at a coffee shop on or off campus. You can also
try using social networking sites to make friends in your local area
and meeting them personally if they seem friendly and normal enough. As
you make friends, you may find that you prefer to hang out with only
one or two people at a time. That works, too. in that case, feel free
to envite them out or have them over to your home for dinner. One other
option for finding friends is through the classes you're taking. If you
sit next to someone in class you get along with or are particularly
close to, you can always make social overtures in that direction. Any
options are good options. Just remember that different people
appreciate different social contexts and that's okay.

Respectfully,
Jedi