[nabs-l] Meeting Agenda and Recording

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 1 19:45:51 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

    I also had problems accessing the meeting agenda for the same reason.
Sending the agenda in Word 2007 Format wasn't a very good idea. The best
solution to prevent us from having issues with backward compatabillity is to
place the agenda in the message body or to convert the file to good old
ASCII Format. Then everyone can access the document. The agenda isn't even
on the NABS Web Site either.

    Again this year we will be recording the NABS Annual Meeting. The
recording will be posted to the NABS Web Site following the convention. A
few pointers to help everyone be heard are in order.

        Whenever someone addresses the group they need to be at a
microphone. Yelling and shouting across the room won't work as you must be
at close range to be picked up. There were problems with last years
recordings where people could bearely be heard due to their being far away
from the microphone. We can set up a floor mic for audience members to
address the meeting. I'll also have a wireless microphone that can be passed
around. If someone can serve as a "Runner" to bring the mic to participants
this will be a big help too. The main thing is to be sure everyone's voice
is captured for recording purposes and so they can be heard by everyone else
as the signal from the floor/roving microphones will also be fed back
through the sound system. Your cooperation will be very much appreciated and
can result in a shorter-running file as it will be easier to remove gaps of
silence during post production. See you all in Dallas.

Peter Donahue