[nabs-l] iphone vs mobile speaks

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 07:59:44 UTC 2010

I would definitely get an iPhone. It's cheaper, and it works better. Plus, every time there is an update to the operating system, your screen reader will be updated as well. I honestly loved the touch screen interface from the very beginning, but wasn't sure if I would enjoy typing on the on-screen keyboard. After iOS 4 came out in june, though, a new typing mode called "touch typing" appeared. It works very very well for me. This existed on the iPad before, but it didn't come to the iPhone until now.
An other thing that I love about it is the email program. I never read email as quickly as on the iPhone with any other mobile device. I've used both Windows Mobile with Mobile Speak, and other Nokia phones both with Talks and Mobile Speak. For me there is nothing as efficient as the iPhone, although I'm sure other people have different opinions.