[nabs-l] Blind folks and the IPhone

Brittney Urquhart brittney.urquhart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:22:08 UTC 2010

Hey Jim!
I absolutely love my iPhone! It is completely accessible. The touch
screen with Boice Over has a small learning curbe, but it's nothing
you can't master within a few weeks. I learned the iPhone gestures
from trial and error and the Apple website. I strongly suggest that
you go to the ATT store and play around with the display phone to get
a feel for the touch screen. If you come in contact with an ATT
representative who is unfamiliar with the phone's accessibility
features while testing it out, just ask them to go to Settings, then
General, and then Accessibility to turn on Voice Over.

Best Wishes,
Brittney

Sent from my iPhone