[nabs-l] navigating parking lots/open spaces and othertravelquestions

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 21:21:39 UTC 2010

Hi Kerri,

I realize the list is an excellent resource of information.  Yet, with
something like mobility, it's really a matter of getting out there and doing
it.  Do you have an instructor that works with you?  Are they teaching you
well?  The list, I feel, should positively supplement what you learn on your
lessons, but I hope there is someone dedicated, even just a blind person,
who is getting out there and showing you how to navigate different
scenarios.  Personally, I would walk the perimeter of the parking lot, get a
feel for what lies around the edges, and if one day I should stray from a
straight course, I will at least have something of an idea of where I wind
up.  Telling me that the parking lot is big is very subjective.  I'd need to
get a mental picture of what big really feels like.

Best of luck to you,

Joe