[nabs-l] Issues with Kurzweil and applying for housing

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 22:20:46 UTC 2010

Jennifer,
That's too bad they are not cooperating.  Do they not want you go obtain
your own place?  Maybe they're just busy.  I think forms of this nature are
best filled out with a trusted human reader.  They can place a signature
guide where you need to sign as well.  So if your scanner won't read the
text, look for another reader other than your dad.  Do you have readers from
college?  Maybe they would work?  Other family members in the area?
If your rehab counselor is helpful maybe they would be a reader/scribe for
you.
Another idea is to ask for the form in braille or another accessible format.
That seems reasonable to me.  Then you can type your answers and use someone
to write your answers on the form later.

I hope you can work it out.
Ashley