[nabs-l] cooking questions

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Fri Jun 4 22:33:09 UTC 2010

hello carrie and all,

wow! what a huge thread this to have on this list for this topic. to answer one of your questions i learned how to cook by my mom and also before i lost a lot of my vision i was in culinary arts for a living which was a long time ago. in not letting you cook in your own place isn't being independent imo! what i have done is label my toasteroven with puffy paint and my oven and stove are labeled with bump dots and my microwave is in braille with braille labels on it.

you have a right to label them since they are your appliances in your own aopartment so you can live independtally. as to asking the shopper helper what's on the package i do this so, i know what's in them and also what's on sale. most shopper helpers don't mind it but, some do.

i don't have the shopper helper read me the sales ads because this takes up too much time... as for reading the pacckage driections at home i use a reader for it or i use my cctv to read them.

i hope these ideas and suggestions will helpp you out. take care and, i will talk to you soon.

hugs,
from amy