[nabs-l] Cooking Questions

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 01:41:56 UTC 2010

Hi Karen and All!

Thanks so much for the help/tips.

A few things. First, you are absolutely right...it is my own apartment
and I will find a sighted person to help me label and make sure I know
which temperature my toaster oven begins on.

Like Karen, I do happen to live alone so for me cooking things in the
toaster oven is probably best since it is smaller and the oven that
came with my apartment is one of those huge huge ones.

My question is though, can you fix casseroles in the toaster oven? Is
it big enough for that? Mine is small, and fits a 13-inch standard pan
but it can't fit a huge pan. One thing I like and have found the
recipe for is Green bean Casserole...could a toaster oven fix
something like that?

I think one of my biggest problems is I put limitations on my own
cooking. See, my parents never really let me grocery shop...they did
it and made everything for me. So, now that I'm living on my own, I
have trouble of thinking of different things to cook besides just the
standard things I know I can cook like the chicken, tacos,
hotdogs...ETC.

I guess it's just a matter of researching for different recipes and
trying new things.

I will give those frozen dinners a try and try to get more
creative/find more/different recipes and things to make.

Thanks again for everything!

Kerri