[nabs-l] FW: TABS Southern Strums

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 13:47:35 UTC 2010

Subject: [Nabs-presidents] TABS Southern Strums

Southern Strums Comes to Dallas Texas.   From the Desk of the President:
The
Texas Association of Blind Students is pleased to announce the return of
Southern Strums!
Southern Strums is TABS' biggest fundraiser of the year and our biggest
event second only to our Spring Conference. Southern Strums provides a
showcase for blind musicians to play for convention goers from all
over the United
States.
The event will be held on Monday July 5,2010 from 7:00pm-11:00pm. at
*Uptown
Bar* & *Grill* <http://www.uptownbarandgrill.com/>

www.uptownbarandgrill.com

2523 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201-1964
(214) 969-9433

The Uptown Bar and Grill boasts it has the "best burgers in Dallas" and
offers half price burgers on the day it hosts our Southern Strums.

The venue is conveniently located just 2.5 miles away from the Hilton
Anatole Hotel. Get Directions from Mapquest
Here<http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Dallas&1s=TX&1a=2201+N+Stemmons+Fwy&1z=
75207-2801&1y=US&1l=32.801313&1g=-96.827068&1v=ADDRESS&2pn=Uptown+Bar+&+Gril
l&2c=Dallas&2s=TX&2a=2523+McKinney+Ave&2z=75201&2y=US&2l=32.795399&2g=-96.80
2002&2v=ADDRESS&2id=263856644>
.

We are aware that the hotel does not have a shuttle, and so TABS is pleased
to announce that we will be providing transportation between the bar and
hotel from 6:30pm-11:15pm at no cost to those who purchase a Southern Strums
ticket.

Come support our Student Division while enjoying great food, drinks, music
and mingling all for just $5!

For more information, please visit:

www.nfb-texas.org/tabs.html

if you would like to participate in Southern Strums, email Juan Munoz at
jcmunoz1989 at gmail.com

Juan Del Rosario

President

Texas Association of Blind Students