[nabs-l] Looking Good at the Hair Salon

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:51:43 UTC 2010

It depends what kind of hair you have.

My hair goes just past my shoulders, and i get layers, because it is
incredibly thick. There is nothing wrong with coming in with an idea
and talking to your stylist about it. I do that. I tell her the
general idea of what i want, and then she does it so that it looks
good. If you get layers, it doesn't look good to get them too high,
although that's just my opinion. Getting your hair thinned a bit might
be good if it is thick like mine. Also, it looks cute to have the hair
by your face cute a little shorter, getting longer towards the back of
your head. Trust me, hair stylists love nothing more than to give
advice, just find someone you trust. I have been going to the same
lady for years, and sometimes i will ask my sister or a friend before,
because like many people on here i'm sure, it is a lot for me to trust
someone's judgment when you get only one chance.

Some things that help me are straightening which is an easy look. Then
i just do an uneven part.

When i curl, it helps me to use hair spray first. This might sound
weird, but my hair is so thick, that it does not curl without doing
that first.

If you're anxious about using a curling iron, start with curlers
first. They didn't work for me, because my hair is so thick, but you
could try. Curlers that don't have a felt like material surrounding
them get hotter.

This is just a general suggestion. If you have trouble finding a
straightener that gets hot enough as do i since my hair is ridiculous,
try a Remmington straightener. I have had salon brand straighteners
that did not get as hot. It is about $30. And it is good to use a bit
of oil in your hair before you straighten it to minimize the heat
dammage to your hair. I'm not sure what brand i have, but it should be
easy to find at the store. Mine has a pump, and i just take a little
bit and run my fingers through my hair. You don't really want to put
it on top of your hair, just through it, and not so much that it is
noticeable, just so that it is there.

I am not experienced with dying at all, so i don't have any
suggestions for that.

I am not that creative when it comes to my hair, especially up dues,
but i'm sure some other people will have great suggestions.

Cindy