[nabs-l] cooking questions

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 19:00:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

KingSoopers has an online shopping feature that can be a good
compromise between ordering delivery and going to the store, and other
grocery chains may have this as well. Basically you log in as if you
were going to order delivery, but then select the "Just making a list"
option. You can browse the online selection and choose what items you
want to add to your shopping list, and at the end you get a list
marked with specific brand names and aisle locations that you can
print out and bring into the store to give to your shopping assistant.
I do this often if I am getting more than a couple things but not
enough to meet the $50 minimum, and I prefer to buy smaller grocery
loads more frequently (so as to always have fresh fruit, etc.) I like
the online list feature because, like Sean said, I can browse the full
selection in the store and make price comparisons, or see what is on
sale. The downside is that it takes a little extra time because you
are essentially shopping twice (once online and then again when you
pick up the actual items in the store). But once you build the list,
it's usually quite easy for you and the shopper to find the
appropriate items. You can also save lists for future use, so if you
want to buy most of the same items each time you only need to make
minor modifications to the online list each time.

Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org