[nabs-l] rehab counselors and employment

Brice.Smith319@gmail.com brice.smith319 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 00:38:35 UTC 2010

Do not cling to the counselor or expect them to do all the work. This was the absolute hardest lesson i had to learn when searching for summer internships and I'm still dealing with the disappointing results. Rehab counselors usually will not work magic.

Job searching really is a do it yourself process. That said, it's far better to use your university's career center If you can. Take advantage of the services they offer, from help with resume writing to mock interviews. If nothing else, they may have access to job listings that may be harder to find otherwise.

Brice